- In ancient Egypt, the idea of ‘7’ was associated with a person’s birth. At birth, the Seven Hathors determined the fates in an individual’s life. People were free to try to evade this destiny by prayer or magic. There were seven souls:
as (1) The Soul of Blood — the formative; (2) The Soul of Breath — “that breathes”; (3) The Shade or Covering Soul — “that envelopes”; (4) The Soul of Perception — “that perceives;” (5) The Soul of Pubescence “that procreates”; (6) The Intellectual Soul — “that reproduces intellectually”; and (7) The Spiritual Soul — “that is perpetuated permanently.”
- A legendary famine lasted seven years. This is likely the one that Joseph of the many-colored coat predicted.
- The Seven Wonders of Ancient Egypt:
- 7. The Valley of the Kings
- 6. Queen Hatshepsut’s Temple of western Thebes
- 5. The Karnak Temple Complex
- 4. The Temple of Ramesses II at Abu Simbel
- 3. St. Catherine’s Monastery Mount Sinai
- 2. The Sphinx
- 1. The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The lowest amount that the Nile flooded to solve the famine was seven cubits. The highest was four times seven (28) cubits. The flooding of the Nile provided nearly all the water and the rich silt needed to grow all the food for the Egyptians. The Nile would turn red during the flood, reminding everyone of the red beer that Sekhmet drank.
- A doomed prince climbs a tower seventy (ten times seven) cubits high with seventy (ten times seven) windows to reach his bride, similar to some Celtic hero stories. He is doomed to be killed by either a dog, a serpent or a crocodile. His wife manages to kill a snake that comes to bite him. The story does not have a conclusion because part of the manuscript is missing. So we’ll never know how it comes out.
The Pool symbol, representing water, contains seven zigzag lines. In the desert, a pool, especially a man-made one is a luxury, and sometimes a persona was shown as sitting above a pool, to indicate the abundance of water.
The Gold symbol has seven spines on its underside.
Free Short Story
Exclusive Short Story
when you sign up for my monthly newsletter.
Check your email to get your Short Story.
Buy My Books
Adventures of Silicon Jones
All links to Amazon are affiliate links.Buy something and I get a nickel.