Five flash fiction stories from the edge of the realm of magic–enchanted moments, realizations, answering the call, and returning.
- Artifacts: Pay attention to the Mothers when they give you a warning.
- The Croning: In every woman’s life, her time will come.
- Not Even One Wish: No only should you be careful what you wish for, but whom you wish to.
- Taffy’s Tale: It’s a high price to pay to be fed by the Fae.
- Zen of Cool: A full moon, a festival, a fiddler, and a fool in the hills of Appalachia
A ten-piece bucket of Southern-fried flash fiction
- Walking off Heaven’s Shore:
- Washed in the flood of knowing
Mothers and daughters–can it ever work?
- Turning Point:
Friday morning, a cup of coffee, a decision
- Pachelbel’s Canyons: (prose poem)
Mall Markswoman Maintains Muzak Manifested Mayhem
- Walk the Dog:
Who’s holding which end of the leash?
- The Fire Inside:
Can he stand the heat?
- Kitchen Witchery: (poem)
The art of female bonding across generations
- Swamp of the Soul:
You only see the snakes if you look for them.
- Storm Front:
Revenge served cold is slippery when wet.
- The last time I Dated a Serial Killer
A literate man is hard to find.
Did you like the space bar scene in Star Wars part IV? You’ll love Port Nowhere.
- Circle of the Beryl: for what would Crila give an arm?
- Initiation: Will Crila survive the bargain she made?
- Odd One Out: (a draft): Crila meets a rare Ophidian male.
- Out of Water: Can Jule get Trillfin off the Rock?
- Out of the Depths: How many ways can man face death?
- Surface Tension: Trillfin between the Rock and Nowhere.
- Plus stories by Elaine Corvidae, Jim Johnson, Gail McAbee Steve Thompson,and Christopher Wilkerson